We’re back! Excuse our short break… we’ve been dreaming up new recipes that we can’t wait to share!
I don’t know about you, but Trader Joe’s (TJ’s) is life changing for us. They just know how to make life easier! Although I would love to make homemade pizza dough, TJ’s has pre-made bags of dough in the refrigerator section. Everything in this recipe is from Trader Joe’s so enjoy some one-stop shopping.
We used TJ’s whole wheat pizza dough. They also have plain and garlic herb. We started by washing our hands, getting them extra dry and then covering them with flour. This, of course, was the cubs favorite part.
Kneading the dough is important, and turns out, lots of fun!
Good Job, Cub! That looks like its ready to roll out.
Another fun tool to use – a rolling pin! The cub took this step very seriously.
Pat, pat, pat… it’s ready for sauce!
We grabbed a bag of pre-washed spinach leaves at TJ’s and thought it would be a great idea to chop it up and add it to the sauce. Hidden veggies is my thing.
The cub spreads on the sauce perfectly.
Now for the cheese! We used a few different kinds of shredded cheese from TJ’s. We had a little extra dough so we rolled it out, sprinkled them with cheese and added them to the oven as well. The Cub enjoyed dipping them into the sauce or ‘dip dip’ as the cub would say.
Yummy! For added flavor, we added Everything But the Bagel seasoning to the breadsticks. If you haven’t tried Everything but the Bagel seasoning at TJ’s, go buy some now! It can be added to anything.
TJ’s Pizza and Breadsticks
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s pizza dough
- 1 container of Trader Joe’s pizza sauce
- Cheese (mozzarella, parmesan, etc – any cheese that you want)
- 1 bag of pre washed spinach leaves
- Any other toppings of your choice
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Follow the directions on bag of dough for how to prepare dough for toppings.(i.e., allow to rest outside of bag and refrigerator before handling)
- We cut dough into two equal parts for easy handling.
- Flour your work surface with 1 – 2 tbsp flour. Knead dough until it is workable. Roll or manipulate into shape of choice.
- Chop 1 cup of spinach and mix into sauce. Spread the sauce onto the dough in an even layer.
- Sprinkle generously with shredded cheese
- Add additional toppings of your choice.
- Bake in the over for 12- 15 minutes or the crust is golden brown.