If you haven’t heard, The Cub was recently promoted to big sister and she’s taking the role very seriously. Among helping with her baths and changing her diaper, the cub loves to feed her a bottle and more recently, solid food.
This week the cub helped prep her little sisters food and she had a friend over to help.
The cub began by peeling the sweet potatoes. Her friend stood by to watch.
The cub then chops the sweet potato. Once chopped Grandma DiDi cooked them in small amount of water until they are very soft to the touch.
After the sweet potatoes had boiled and softened, the cub’s friend took a turn at pureeing the food in a blender.
Then we poured the mixture into ice cub trays to freeze. Once frozen, pop them out for the perfect portioned meal for your baby.
Next up, the cub’s little sister gobbled up all the yummy food she helped make for her. Bib not included.
Sweet Potato Baby Food
- 2 cups chopped sweet potato
- 2+ Tbsp water until you find the right consistency
- Wash sweet potatoes well
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into small chunks
- Place chunks into a pan with just enough water to cover potato
- Bring to boil and cook until tender, be sure to check on the water level.
- Reserve any left over water to use for thinning out the sweet potatoes
- Place sweet potato into your blender (we use vitamix) for pureeing and blend.
- Add the reserved water or formula/breastmilk as necessary to achieve a smooth, thin consistency
We do this with all veggies and fruit that she can eat. Just be sure produce is all washed well prior to cooking.
First foods include: Sweet potato, banana, pear, avocado, apple, peas, carrots, butternut squash and oatmeal. As she grows, we will get more creative with her meals and be sure to post our creations.