Here’s a mash-up that we are very excited about! These two products are a staple in our home, and the idea to mix them together came one morning when prepping breakfast. We love paleo Legit pancake mix, but I am always looking for a way to add more nutritious ingredients to them. Enter Brekki overnight oats. One container is packed with protein, fiber and fruit.
Legit Pancake Mix – uses many allergen friendly ingredients with the base consisting of cassava flour. It’s gluten-free and kosher facilities, are nut-free (therefore school safe), and certified paleo.
Brekki Overnight Oats – Brekki is a line of convenient, nutritionally balanced dairy-free overnight oats with the added flavor and crunch of amaranth, buckwheat, flax seeds, and chia seeds all mixed together with almond milk, fruit, and a touch of coconut nectar for sweetness.
The cub began by following the instructions on the back of the pancake mix. First she cracked the eggs with the help of Grandma DiDi.
In go the eggs!
The cub continued adding the rest of the ingredients to make the pancakes, including apple cider vinegar and oil.
Time to mix it all up! “I’m going to stir Grandma,” explains The Cub.
In goes the Legit pancake mix. The cub pours and Grandma DiDi stirs. Great team work.
Once the batter is mixed thoroughly, Grandma Didi adds the Brekki overnight oats. The cub is very amused at the creation we are making.
Smile! The batter is on the skillet! Grandma Didi does this part while the cub patiently waits for them to be finished.
Our official taste tester approves! They are nutritious and delicious.
Dress them how you wish – we topped ours with blueberries and a touch of maple syrup.
Brekki/Legit Gluten-Free Pancakes
- Legit pancake mix (Legit)
- 6 Eggs
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 11/2 cups dairy-free milk
- 1 container of Brekki overnight oats
- Mix all wet ingredients together well with whisk
- Beat in eggs until well blended
- Add Legit pancake mix and stir until incorporated.
- Add entire container of Brekki overnight oats (any flavor you want). At this point if you feel the batter is too thick, you may add a tablespoons of milk at a time until it reaches the right consistency. It should be slightly thick.
- Heat griddle to medium and brush lightly with oil. Cook according to Legit package directions or to your liking.
- Serve with your choice of toppings! Endless possibilities!