It’s getting to be that time again… popsicle season! We decided to make it simple and use one of the cubs favorite ingredients – Bananas!
First, we prepared all the toppings. The Cub peeled the bananas and cut them in half. This step uses her fine motor skills.
Grandma DiDi demonstrated inserting the popsicle sticks after the Cub was finished cutting the bananas.
The Cub gave it a go although it was hard to not push the stick all the way through the banana. Patience and practice make perfect.
Next up the cub needed to choose her toppings, but first, of course, she needed to taste them all!!
Grandma DiDi rolled some of the bananas in peanut butter and others in greek yogurt; making sure to cover them well.
After laying the bananas on a flat parchment lined surface, the Cub got busy decorating them with our toppings – coconut, granola and hemp seeds.
After sitting in the freezer for an hour they are ready to eat! We let her decorate one with fancy sprinkles. Guess which one she ate first?!
- Bananas, cut in half
- Popsicle sticks
- Nut butter of your choice
- Shredded coconut
- Hemp seeds
- Or any topping of your choice (chocolate would be great, too)
- Peel and cut bananas in half
- Push popsicle sticks into banana (at least an inch and a half)
- Roll and completely cover banana in either yogurt or nut butter
- Lay flat on parchment paper
- Sprinkle or roll on topping of choice
- Freeze for at least 1 hour
*You can store in the freezer in a air-tight container.